"...After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and people and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb...and crying out with a loud voice, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!"" (Revelation 7:9-10)

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Uganda on my Mind

I know, I know...This whole posting my journal entries from our trip has taken me a lot longer than I ever anticipated. I have typed them all out, but the pictures take a long time to format. I only have one official entry left. I keep thinking that when I'm done with that I'll post a final reflection of the trip..3 months later, how does it affect my every day life? I guess I have time before I piece that together, but I'm not sure it will fit into words. I can't say that I live every moment of my life completely differently or better, because I'm not perfect and it is all to easy to quickly forget the things I saw. But I think about those kids every day and it fills me with joy.
I just wanted to quick share two things that I found in the last week that especially put Uganda on my heart--

I've been reading 2 Corinthians and each read has been filled with convicting truths and encouragement. This morning though, God spoke through His word by reminding me of the faithfulness and joy of His people in Uganda--
"We want you to know, brothers, about the grace of God that has been given among the churches of Macedonia, for in a severe test of affliction, their abundance of joy and their extreme poverty have overflowed in a wealth of generosity on their part. For they gave according to their means, as I can testify, and beyond their means, of their own accord, begging us earnestly for the favor of taking part in the relief of the saints—and this, not as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then by the will of God to us. (2 Corinthians 8:1-5 ESV)"
This reminded me so much of them! All I can picture is the singing and dancing as they brought up fruit and vegetables and money on Sunday and laid it at the pulpit. All for His glory.

Next is just a fun video I found when looking around for some Swahili worship songs--I recognized this one and was thrilled to find it! The best part is that it's also on the Watoto CD soooo I can learn it in the car :)

No comments:

Post a Comment