"...After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and people and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb...and crying out with a loud voice, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!"" (Revelation 7:9-10)

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 9

Today is the last day of the youth conference. We had a powerful time of prayer before leaving this morning and I've continued to be encouraged by the Church in Acts--

"And now, Lord, look upon their threats and grant to your servants to continue
to speak your Word with all boldness, while you stretch out your hand to heal and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servant Jesus. And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was SHAKEN, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with all boldness." (Acts 4:29-31)

I don't think I have mentioned the way they sometimes pray, but they all do it out loud and it is pretty awesome. I'm not sure how many languages are coming from the congregation, but the Holy Spirit is definitely moving!
After lunch there was a concert to promote a new CD a group form the church made. It wasn't exactly as I expected because I think they were lip singing with their own CD (thank you, MTV), and they were using it as a fundraiser so they would have an artist come up and they wouldn't get off the stage until someone had given them $$...

Oh my gosh, I almost forgot to share about the dancing! So Dennis, the translator/MC for the concert called up an American to dance. I thought they were going to teach us a dance, so when no one volunteered, I went up. To my surprise, it was not a lesson, but a dance-off! Ahaha! Everyone knows I don't like to dance (k, maybe not this team from CLC, but all my other friends!) and rarely do, but I went up there and danced. The entire room of beautiful Ugandans and my team laughed at me, but I couldn't stop smiling. I'm not quite sure why it was so funny, I was doing the dances THEY taught me ;) Dennis declared me the winner and said I had to give a victory speech and all I could truly think of was "to God be the glory!" There were no other words.

Gavin went up later to dance and then a big part of our group went up and did the Electric Slide to some of their music. They loved it and I think were quite impressed that Muzungo could actually pseudo-dance in sync. Little did they know that this is only after years of practicing at weddings and gatherings and they picked it up, probably better than us, by the end of the 10 minutes. Edson came up to teach us a traditional dance that was crazy jumping that many of the older people came up and joined. It basically just filled my lungs with dust which probably is what got me sick!
Quite the view from the church building!
Susan :)
Nayebare Topista
We headed back then and had dinner after bathing. Ha. I marveled, yet again, at how wonderful my basin of hot water felt! I'm sure it won't take me long to take real showers for granted again, but seriously I guess I can't imagine always bathing this way, even if it can feel good here! I guess if you are this dirty, anything can feel great!
Despite the striking resemblance to peanuts, I believe this is coffee. Not positive, but
whatever it is--they would lay their produce out to dry in the sun.
Mmmm, fresh bananas.
Yet another beautiful view from Kiburara.

No comments:

Post a Comment